Great Success (for real this time)December 5, 2008
Since our method of placing a family in Revit was unsuccessful the first time, we decided to start from scratch in Rhino again. Instead of cutting multiple voids out of a solid rectangle, we only used one void. This would simplify the process down so we could figure out why Revit was not cooperating. We followed the same steps as before, and were successful in importing this object as a family in a Revit Project file.
Once this family was loaded into a Project file, we modified the mass into an actual wall. It only needed one face of the object to do this, so we could further simplify our process by only importing a Face from Rhino to Revit. We decided to use our previous scripting pattern again, but now only using it with a face instead of a solid object.
The scripting pattern, which was now applied to a face, successfully loaded into revit and we proceeded to change it’s properties to an actual wall, that connects with other walls and has voids that reflect the scripting pattern we created in Rhino.